Wednesday 7 November 2012

Feelings follow behaviour


During the past year, I have been going through a difficult time. I was unemployed, lost a few friends and was lonely. I had felt negative about everything that it impacted o the way I behaved. I had no time for other people and focused on what brought me down therefore bringing myself down. I lacked confidence in myself and slept through most of days when coming back from job hunting.

One day, I decided to pack a few of my belongings and head home. I needed to be surrounded by parental love and support which gave me security. I told myself that I am not returning to Cape Town. I helped at my mother’s NGO, went to church, tried putting on a few kilos (I looked like a anorexic giraffe), going with my parents to visit relatives or help out when they got jobs on the side. With encouragement from my parents and the results that I am due to graduate in my Diploma in PR, I returned to Cape Town where I squatted with my brother. I reached out for help and reached out to people who were supportive, true family and friends.

 I noticed that all that negativity had made me behave in a negative way where I was drowning in my pity party. If you feel a certain way, you endorse a particular behaviour. Its either that feeling is a good one or a bad one, you can be the judge of that. Rather have good feelings that will encourage you to have a positive behaviour.

No comments: