Wednesday 7 November 2012

An Honest Psychiatrist

Q: How do you feel?
A: I feel numb?
Q: How does that make you feel?
A: Angry.
Q: Why are you angry?
A: Because I feel numb.
Q: So in fact you feel angry and numb?
A: Err maybe, I guess. So you guess?
Q: You aren't sure?
A: I don't know?
Q: So you are numb, angry and unsure to sum it all up?
A: You've lost me...
Q:What I'm trying to say is that have you considered the fact that you may be depressed?
A: No, not really, maybe I am. I have been feeling down since my mother passed on....
 
The truth: you are grieving, you are supposed to be numb and angry and down. Deal with it like millions have before you. Go through all the motions and get through it without being subjected to paying thousands for a session that only highlights your lack of self understanding and your lack of sentence construction with a conclusion and diagnosis that only you can come to. But if you enjoy the happy pills and the nausea, why then go right ahead..

No comments: