Thursday 21 June 2012

Getting rusty


Picture: www.freefoto.com

As a little girl, I could do and dreamt many things. I was an athlete, one of the best actresses, model, could draw and I was crafty. I attended schools that could hone my talents but in my high school days I had to focus on being an academic, getting good marks so I could get into varsity. I continued to do the things I loved as a little girl but somehow I felt forced.

I became rebellious but I was a good child. I did a few bad things that teenagers do. One thing I have come to realise is that I do not like being confined and being surrounded by ridiculous rules meaning I was restricted. That attitude has stuck with me and it is not a good one. I am stuck. As I am growing I realise that I am yearning to do the things that I feel I missed out on and time is ticking.

I wanted to be so many things but I haven’t achieved any of those. Opportunities have come and gone and I always played it safe. I need to take risks and jump at an opportunity and work hard as I did when I was a young girl.

No comments: