Friday 23 March 2012

How hard is it to follow instructions?

following instructions is not hard, the only thing that makes it harder is procrastination. I am a pure example of procrastination and it is something that I am not proud of. My mother shouts at me all the time when I don't follow instructions. 

The problem with me is that when I am given an instruction I become negative about it. I do not want to be told what to do (even if I'm learning something out of it) and I always ask questions where now you get the person giving me the instruction is so irritated by me because I am "slow". Maybe I am but as soon as I get that kind of response, I lash out and put it in my "to do next week box".

Instructions are important in whatever you do, especially if the person giving them to you tells you in detail what they expect from you. There is nothing wrong in asking so that you can be sure of what needs to be done, besides, you do not want to do the same task over and over again. 

I think having confidence in yourself and believing  that you can carry out the task is key. Do not act out sympathetic towards yourself and think "oh my, this task is so difficult, I wont be able to it, yada yada yada" Just do it! Trust yourself enough that you will follow the instruction and you will complete the task given. 

I am going to be more confident and trust myself more that I will follow an instruction. It will help ME at the end of the day plus I get to learn more. Bye bye Procrastination my chum, time to throw the "to do next week box" away.

No comments: